We are pleased to invite you to the annual stockfish, clipfishfish, and salted cod seminar in Italy. It will take place on Thursday, October 26th, starting at 2:30 PM at the NH Venezia Laguna Palace Hotel in Mestre. In the evening, there will be dinner for the seminar participants.
This year's seminar focuses on category development in the Italian seafood market, and among the speakers, we have representatives from the grocery, restaurant, media, and analysis sectors.
About the program
Two of the speakers are Nielsen and Circana, who will present the latest trends in the grocery and restaurant sectors, respectively. They will provide updated figures for the seafood category, with a primary focus on dried, salted, and codfish, as well as what it takes for growth in these channels.
Furthermore, there will be presentations focusing on supply and product flows for cured seafood products to Italy, macro trends, and information about marketing initiatives in Italy.
The seminar will be followed by the traditional group dinner, which will take place on the island of Murano. We will arrange boat transportation from the seminar venue to Murano for seminar participants. Due to capacity and logistical considerations, dinner and boat transport are reserved exclusively for seminar participants.
14:30 – 15:00 Registration and welcome coffee
15:00 – 15:15 Welcome and introduction
- Opening by Christian Chramer – CEO, Norwegian Seafood Council
- Greetings from Ambassador Johan Vibe – Royal Norwegian Embassy in Rome
- Seminar moderated by Tarsia Trevisan – Editor in Chief, Class Life
15:15 – 16:15 First session
- Supply, trade flows and outlook for cured seafood products
Speaker: Eivind Hestvik Brækkan – Seafood Analyst, Norwegian Seafood Council
- What’s happening in retail, and how is this affecting seafood, stockfish and baccalà sales? Speaker: Andrea Succi – Sales and marketing Analytics Leader, Nielsen IQ
- Latest development in foodservice: how is cured seafood performing, and are consumers ready for new products?
Speaker: Matteo Figura – Foodservice Director, Circana
16:15 – 16:45 Coffee break
16:45 – 17:45 Second session
- Category development in Italian retail
Speaker: Emanuele de Roberto – Category Manager Fresh Seafood, Metro Italia
- Category management and trends in Italy
Speaker: Marina Bassi – Editor in Chief, MarkUp & GDO Week
- Results from past campaigns and plans going forward
Speaker: Tom-Jørgen Gangsø – Director Italy, Norwegian Seafood Council
17:45 – 19:00 Aperitivo, followed by transfer to Murano for dinner
Hotels and Transportation
The seminar will be held at the NH Venezia Laguna Palace Hotel in Mestre, which is a convenient choice due to its proximity to the train station, just 15 minutes from the airport.
There are several good hotels near the seminar location. If you prefer to stay in Venice, it's only a short train ride or water taxi away.
Querini Opera at Arsenale di Venezia (October 27-29)
Querini Opera will be performed at Arsenale di Venezia from Friday, October 27th, to Sunday, October 29th, and is organized by the Røst Municipality.
The opera is inspired by the true story of Pietro Querini, an Italian explorer who stranded on Røst in the Lofoten Islands in 1432. The story of Querini is often considered a contributor to the commercial development of Norwegian stockfish in Italy.
Tickets for the Opera
The Seafood Council has secured tickets for seminar participants. Each company attending the seminar can purchase up to 2 discounted tickets for the Opera (per company) at the following link: https://www.ticketone.it/en/artist/querini-opera
Below are detailed instructions for purchasing these tickets:
1. Create your own account on Ticketone.it. REMEMBER to select an individual account (not a company) and enter EE1 in the Fiscal Code field. Choose the correct country when creating your user account.
2. Visit the event page for Querini Opera and select your preferred date. Choose "Norwegian Seafood Council" from the dropdown list under "select your promotion." Enter "bc0aly" in the "Promotion code" field and click "Show Promotion."
3. Add the tickets to your "shopping cart" and make sure to double-check the number of tickets and the date before proceeding. Decide if you want insurance, select the Delivery method "Stampa@casa," and your ticket will be available in "Your Tickets" on Ticketone.it once the purchase is complete. This is the only free ticket delivery method.
4. Continue to the payment page and follow the instructions to complete the purchase. After the payment is completed, you will receive a confirmation email regarding your purchase. Please check your spam/junk folder, as the email might end up there.
The "first come, first served" principle applies, and we kindly ask you to respect that this code is only for seminar participants.
Additional tickets for non-seminar participants, business partners, family, and friends can be purchased here: https://www.ticketone.it/en/artist/querini-opera
Arena Querini - Arsenale di Venezia
Arena Querini will host other activities in Arsenale Nord before the opera performances on different days.
Each day will have different themes, and seafood will play a central role in several of these activities. More information about Area Querini can be found here.
We look forward to the autumn program. Please feel free to contact us with any questions related to the program or other activities in the market