This year also, the COVID-19 pandemic prevents us from meeting at the annual salmon seminar in Milan. Therefore the Norwegian Seafood Council invites you to join us for a live webinar about Norwegian Salmon in Italy with the latest insight on the Italian salmon market. You will hear about COVID-19’s impact on consumer behaviour trends and the market prospects.
The corona pandemic hit Italy hard in early 2020. Despite the sharp decline in direct exports of Norwegian salmon to Italy in the first months of the pandemic, the situation has later reversed and salmon sales are now showing strong growth. At this year's salmon webinar, we will take a closer look at COVID-19’s impact on consumer behaviour trends and the market prospects.
Please note that we shall host two separate sessions of the webinar, targeted to the Norwegian and Italian industry respectively.
We kindly invite you to take note of the following:
Italian session: 10:00 - 11:30
Norwegian session: 13:30 - 15:00
Here below is the programme of the Italian session.
We kindly invite you to register through the link at the bottom of the page.
10:00 – 10:15 Welcome and introduction
- Welcome by Trym Eidem Gundersen – Director Italy, Norwegian Seafood Council
- Greetings from Minister of Fisheries and Seafood, Odd Emil Ingebrigtsen
- Greetings from Ambassador Margit F. Tveiten, Royal Norwegian Embassy in Rome
Seminar moderated by Gunvar Wie – oncoming Director Italy, Norwegian Seafood Council from 01/08/21
10:15 - 10:40 Overall salmon insight
- Highlights from the brand new report “Top Seafood Consumer Trends”
Tom Jørgen Gangsø – Director of Market Insight and Market Access, Norwegian Seafood Council
- Insight of Norwegian salmon in Italy and market activities NSC
Trym Eidem Gundersen – Director Italy, Norwegian Seafood Council
10:40 - 11:20 Effect of covid-19 on seafood habits, with focus on salmon
- Shopper behaviour in Italy during and after covid-19: FMCG trends and consequences for salmon and seafood
Marco Pellizzoni – Commercial Director, Consumer Panel & Services, GFK Italy
- Salmon and other seafood in foodservice before, during and after covid-19
Matteo Figura – Foodservice Director, The NPD Group
- Norwegian salmon in Carrefour Italy during the pandemic and prospects for the future
Angelo Arrigoni – Quality Production Chain Brand Manager, Carrefour Italia
- The Norwegian salmon industry heading for the future with off-shore farming
Lars Fredrik Martinussen – Head of Communication, Nordlaks