NSC has the pleasure of inviting Norwegian seafood exporters to participate with company stands at the Norwegian Seafood Pavilion at World Seafood Shanghai 26 – 28 of August 2020.
The aim of facilitating expo participation, is to promote seafood from Norway towards Chinese buyers; importers, distributors, food service, and retail. On occasion of World Seafood Shanghai, NSC also has the pleasure of inviting Norwegian seafood exporters to join our seminar- and retail program on 25 August.
World Seafood Shanghai has become China's second largest seafood exhibition, after China Fisheries. The expo has developed very positive in recent years and today is an international and relevant arena. Typical exhibitors are the major importers and processing companies that focus on domestic sales in China. There is also a growing presence from foreign exporters.
At the fair you will be able to meet seafood buyers from the eastern part of China who today typically trade from importers, but who seek to buy directly from foreign exporters. The expo is suited for all exporters of Norwegian seafood focusing on the China domestic market. Buyers from the large Chinese processing companies will only be present to a limited extent.
- Participating companies are required to pay the rent cost for their own stand area and each company will be invoiced after the expo. NSC will cover construction costs and decoration.
- During the expo days, NSC will also facilitate on-site support and assistance to all Norwegian exporters exhibiting and taking part in the expo.
- The assumed cost of each stand is NOK 30 000 per company (each stand size is 3X3 meters with one table and 4 chairs). Extra material and equipment can be booked for additional costs.
Tuesday, 25 August
- Field trip and store visit, Shanghai.
- Mackerel & Cod seminar, hosted by the Norwegian Seafood Council.
- Networking event.
Wednesday, 26 August
- Salmon seminar, organized by Seafood Guide (TBC).
Thursday, 27 August
- Chef demo of Norwegian seafood.
More information will follow closer in time.
- In case of limited space, booths will be distributed on a «first come – first serve» basis.
- Please indicate if you have any specific requests for your company stand.
- Travel and hotel must be arranged by the companies.
- Recommended hotels by the expo organizers, see external link.
Note: Norwegian participants are encouraged to start the visa application process in due course.
Deadline: Registration date is Friday 15 June 2020.
Due to the uncertain situation caused by COVID-19, Norwegian Seafood Council will make continuously evaluations of future activities in the market, and thoroughly consider whether activities should be completed.
NSC activities related to Shanghai Fisheries will be organized as planned, but are subject to restrictions and recommendations from local authorities. Activities and events related to Shanghai Fisheries may therefor be postponed or cancelled, should the situation change.
For any questions about the Norwegian Seafood Pavilion and stand reservation, please contact:
Victoria Braathen, Director NSC China. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Mobile: +47 913 44 035 / +86 156 1801 8510